Using the Twitter API to send tweets in Dashdash

I’ve had success connecting to the Twitter API in order to get info about a user. I followed this tutorial on the forum and it worked perfectly: How to identify followers on Twitter

Now I am trying to take it to the next level by sending tweets through dashdash to twitter using “post status update”: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/tweets/post-and-engage/api-reference/post-statuses-update

But I’m stuck :slight_smile:

I’m not having much success with the oauth requirements for this. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Colin.

1 Like

Hey Colin!

Unfortunately, I believe that using the Twitter API to post tweets is currently not possible using dashdash as it requires generating an OAuth signature generated by an HTTP request of Content-Type “application/x-www-form-urlencoded” while we currently only support JSON.

However, we are currently working on a Twitter integration that would allow you to directly connect to the platform. So please let us know if there are specific functions/use cases you see there and we would be more than happy to see how we can optimize the integration to cater to them.

1 Like

Hi again Hady :stuck_out_tongue:

The use case for this was to automate some specific news surrounding “no-code” using the NewsAPI and Twitter.

Very basic but useful :slight_smile:

1 Like