Translate like a pro with DeepL

Hi there! :raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_man:

Step up your translation game with DeepL in just 3 steps :astonished::partying_face:

1. Grab an Auth token from DeepL
  2. Connect to DeepL
  3. Start translating :memo:

:one: Grab an Auth token from DeepL :one:

Get a DeepL Pro account to have API access. Checkout their different plans, and choose the one that meets your needs. For our purposes, the API access alone is sufficient :point_down::wink:

:two: Connect to DeepL :two:

Copy your DeepL auth token somewhere safe. Then navigate to your dashboard and connect to the DeepL integration. Piece of cake :cake:

:three: Start translating :three:

The last step is just as easy. Let me guide you through the function’s parameters:

= TRANSLATE_DEEPL(text,[source],[target],[short])
  • text: the text you’d like to translate
  • [source]: source language, optional parameter
  • [target]: language you’d like to translate to, optional parameter and by default set to β€œen” (i.e. English)
  • [short]: response from the API, optional parameter and by default set to TRUE (i.e short) vs FALSE (i.e. full response).

You can find a list of all their supported languages in their API documention under source_lang or target_lang.

Go ahead and give it a try in you own spreadsheet! It could look like the following :point_down::smile:

Happy building :construction::building_construction::construction_worker_man::construction_worker_woman:

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like