Pipl lookup through email address

I have a bunch of contacts that I know through email AND/OR phone number. Is there a way to query pipl api through the email address as the lookup parameter instead of providing a social url as the lookup parameter?

Nitin

1 Like

Hi Nitin,

Welcome to the dashdash community! We’re happy to have you :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, we only accept a social URL as the search parameter in the Pipl function. We’ve found that social URLs like LinkedIn better serve as a unique identifier for a person than their email address or name.

If you have the first and last name of your contacts, however, you could look up their LinkedIn profile first using our SEARCH_LINKEDIN_PERSON_GOOGLE function. Here’s a template you might want to check out.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Nitin,

As Nadja mentioned, you do need a social URL to enrich a person with data using Pipl.

One approach is to LinkedIn as Nadja mentioned using the “Get contact information by name” template. However, if you have a list of email addresses instead, one approach you could take is to use another service like Clearbit or FullContact to retrieve the person’s social URL. You can then of course pass it to Pipl to retrieve their data.
You can quickly do this as follows:

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 15.43.57

A1: Email address
B1: Clearbit
C1: LinkedIn
D1: Full URL
E1: PIPL

A2: rahul@superhuman.com
B2: =GET_PERSON_CLEARBIT(A2)
C2: =PARSE(B2,"['linkedin'].['handle']")
D2: ="https://www.linkedin.com/"&C2
E2: =FULL_PROFILE_PIPL(D2)

The flow is as follows:

1. Enter the email address in A2.
  2. Using Clearbit (or FullContact), we can retrieve the person’s social profiles in B2.
  3. We’re parsing their LinkedIn URL from the data object B2 in C2. Other social profiles might work with Pipl as well like Twitter.
  4. Since Clearbit returns the absolute path without the domain (e.g. in/rahulvohra), we’re adding the domain to form the full URL in D2.
  5. We’re using the desired Pipl function in E2 using the URL we have in D2.

If you have a list of emails that you want to enrich at once, you can also just paste them in column A then copy and paste the cells B2:E2 next to all the rows and it will automatically enrich all of them at once. However, take care as you will be charged for the total number of functions executed.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help,.