How do I sort alphanumerically in a spreadsheet?

I have some different rows for individuals in a company. Sometimes, there are more than one individual in a company. I would like to sort by company to see how many people are at the company visually.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, dashdash doesn’t have a sorting feature yet. It is definitely part of our roadmap though and something that we are currently working on.
As a workaround, you can currently use the COUNTIF function to count the number of individuals within a certain company.

The COUNTIF function returns the number of occurrences of a specific value in a range. For example, if we were to look up individuals working at Intercom in this spreadsheet below, we would enter:

D2: Intercom
E2: =COUNTIF(B2:B9,D2)
  • The function’s first parameter is the range you want to search (In this case B2:B9).
  • The second parameter is the criteria or the value that you want to look for in the range. In this case “Intercom”)
  • By changing the value in D2 to another company name, the function is E3 will automatically update and get you the new value.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks. The ease of use of data sources is great here and looking forward to a little more spreadsheet functionality.

3 Likes